A fellow human has something positive to say about your outfit, your hair, your lewk—how dare s/he??! Here, for your convenience, is a list of the Top 20 vetoes to use in such an audacious situation. de-NIED!
- Really? I think it fits weird.
- Oh, no waaay. I need a touch-up.
- I needed it to hide my [insert problem area].
- TJ Maxx, $12.99
- I decided to look human today.
- Thanks, it has pockets!
- Ugh, really?
- It’s so old, I guess it’s back in style.
- omg, NO, it’s filthy.
- Well, I couldn’t wear sweatpants to Travis’s graduation…
- Nothing else fits me!
- It’s not too much? With the gold?
- This? You can have it after today.
- Seriously? I feel like hell.
- I don’t look like I’m trying too hard?
- I feel like…
…it’s not me
…one of those Coachella dipsh*ts
…Sally Jessy Raphael
- *no words, just drops a tray of silverware*
- I wasn’t sure if I was too old to pull it off.
Surely you’ve self-negged. Tweet us your go-to compliment rebuff and keep the conversation going. P.S. You’re, like, really pretty.