- He’s worth $17 billion and he’s a lifelong Mets fan. Any questions?
- 101 wins… not enough
- deGrom for Verlander
- Franchise quarterback, my ass
- Damned fine D
- Ahead of schedule but short of the Cup… what else is there?
The World Cup
- Yep, got it… wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy (hmm, that’s worth a second thought). The infection passed, and yes, I will be wearing a mask on planes from now on.
- Thank you, Dr. Fauci, from one Brooklyn native to another.
- Me? Not quite yet…
And on the personal front
- Moving sucks… but you knew that.
- A home in the woods? Highly recommended. The Japanese call it Shinrin Yoku.
- Working from home? More highly recommended.
- We miss our friends in Cleveland, but we don’t miss Cleveland… which reminds me… once upon a time, in a Rust Belt city far, far away…
It’s Always Sunny in Cleveland (he lied)
New Year’s Day 2022, sipping morning coffee and Lake Erie’s coastline is awash in sunshine. I feel an unease.
“It’s beautiful out. I should get dressed.”
Seize-the-day shit fills my brain. The caffeine amplifies my angst.
Twenty minutes later and with practiced normalcy, the clouds loll in and harrumph, “What sunshine?”
The sky assumes its habitual, gray cast. I relax. Cleveland has returned to its natural state, and I can resume the comfort of my pajama day, unconflicted.